- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger , minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Sriracha [use less if you don’t like spice!)
- 24 egg roll wrappers
- 10 Napa Cabbage leaves , torn into small squares using the most tender parts
- 2 Carrots , cut into matchsticks
- oil , for frying
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat.
- Brown the meat with sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
- Drain 75% of the fat, add brown sugar, soy sauce, and Sriracha.
- Cook until the liquid has reabsorbed and the meat is shiny but not soupy.
- Remove meat from pan, and add in the carrot sticks.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until they are slightly softened.
- Let the beef and carrots cool.
- Working in sets of 4 lay out your egg roll wrappers.
- Add a small square of napa cabbage to the egg rolls.
- Add 5 or 6 carrot pieces and two tablespoons of beef.
- Wet the sides with water using your finger.
- Fold the sides in and wet the folded in sides.
- Roll closed like a burrito and set aside until you finish all 24.
- Freeze on a cookie sheet or tray without them touching each other.
- From frozen, fry for 3-4 minutes in 350 degree oil.
- Drain on drying rack to prevent sogginess or the egg rolls sitting in oil.