Prep time: 20-30 minutes
Cook time: 50-60 minutes
Submitted by Monica in PA
“This is the best lasagna ever!! The noodles are so nice and thin and there is NO PREBOILING!! I will never purchase any other lasagna other than Barilla. I’ve been making this now for 3 years and everyone agrees–the recipe makes the very best! The instructions are right on the back of the lasagna box. I usually make multiple batches and freeze them. Its a great housewarming or “new baby” meal for a friend!”
- 1 (9 ounce) box barilla no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb sausage (Italian), browned (* optional)
- 2 (24 ounce) jars spaghetti or pasta sauce of choice*
(choose something that does not use corn syrup, and that any sugars are further down the ingredients list)
- fresh basil or parsley (to garnish)
- *[substitutes – any one, use less if you mix-n-match]
- 1 can (14oz) low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 jar roasted red peppers (drained)
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
- 2 small yellow and green summer squash, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In bowl, combine beaten eggs, ricotta cheese and TWO cups of the mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
- If you choose not to use the parmesan, just add more mozzarella.
- Set aside.
- In a 13X9X3* pan, spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of pan.
- Layer in the order, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles (they will overlap), then 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, half the browned meat, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1 cup of spaghetti sauce.
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 1 1/2 Cups sauce.
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and remained meat, 1 cup of sauce.
- For top layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining sauce, and remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- Bake covered with foil for 50-60 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking until all the cheese is melted on the top (about 5 minutes).
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- (*If you are using a 13X9X2 pan—just make 3 layers to avoid boiling over.)