Prep time: 10 minutes plus at least 30 to marinade
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 6 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (scant)
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 to 1 & 1/2 pounds flank, skirt or top sirloin steak cut into pieces on the biased
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger (or paste)
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 bell peppers, cut into cubes (any color you like)
- 1 medium onion, cut into thick slices
- oil, for cooking
- MARINADE: combine the ingredients for the marinade along with 1/4 cup of water in a measuring cup or mason jar.
- PREP EVERYTHING: Place the meat in a medium bowl and drizzle in 3 tablespoons of the prepared marinade; mix with a spoon. Cover the meat and set aside for 30 minutes – overnight. Stir the grated ginger and minced garlic into the remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate if using later.
- STIR FRY: when ready to cook, heat a tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add 1/2 of the prepared beef and cook until it is well seared on both sides, roughly 1 minute. Remove to a plate. Continue cooking the remaining meat (and remove). Add the onions along with 2 teaspoons of oil (if needed) and stir them around so to pick up the flavors. Cook for 1 minute before adding the peppers, stir to combine. Add the meat back to the skillet. Stir remaining marinade as the cornstarch may have settled. Pour into the skillet and quickly toss everything so that it all gets coated with the sauce, about 30-45 seconds or so. Top with sesame seeds if desired and serve with rice or a salad.
Please take some time to check out littlespicejar.com you will find some great stuff there.