- 6 ears corn, husk on and silk removed
- 2 red chili peppers
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup cotija cheese, grated
(cotija is similar to feta or parmesean depending on age and moisture content see Wikipedia)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 3 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Once the coals on the grill have burned down to strong embers, place the corn directly on the coals. Slightly char the corn and jalapeños on all sides, approximately 4-5 minutes or until charred. Remove from coals.
- Remove the husks from the corn. With a knife, carefully remove kernels from the cob. Dice the chili peppers.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the corn, chili peppers, mayonnaise, lime juice, chili powder, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in individual serving bowls and top with grated cotija cheese.